MARS HYDRO TS and SP SERIES LED Grow Light Review
Mars Hydro – the brand, had been around since 2009. And since then, they’ve set the benchmark of indoor growing manufacturing rather high.
Apart from grow lights (that we’ll be talking about today), they’re the proud owner of a product lineup of tents, grow tent combo kits, reflectors and so on.
However, upon popular demand, we’ll be disclosing the reviews of two of their stand out grow light series- the MARS HYDRO TS series LED lights and the SP series as well.
Without wasting any further seconds, let’s get right into it-
Table of Contents
- MARS HYDRO TS 1000W – Full Spectrum Led Grow Light
- MARS HYDRO TSW 2000W – LED White Growing Lamps
- MARS HYDRO TSL 2000W – Full Spectrum for Indoor Plants
- MARS HYDRO SP 150 Led Grow Lights
- MARS HYDRO SP 250 Led Grow Lights
- Bottom Line
MARS HYDRO TS 1000W – Full Spectrum Led Grow Light
The winner pick of the list is none other than the mighty MARS HYDRO TS 1000W, which is one of the best 1000W LED grow light picks of the market. It’s a specialized light support for mini grow tents like 2.5×2.5 ft, 3×3 ft, etc. Considering that you’re not a commercial-basis grower, this TS series release is just perfect for you.
What do you expect most from a best led grow light? Maximum yield tops the list, if we’re not wrong. On that note, it can source you 2.2 grams of harvest from every single watt it consumes. Mathematically, that’s a 30% boost to what we can grow usually.
In terms of cost-effectiveness, it would give you a 50% save on the electricity bills, as it runs 342 LEDs on just 150W. On top of that, it’s designed in such a way that lets the plants absorb 90% of the light emitted. Such minimal waste is something any grower would always desire for.
Overall, this sunlike spectrum LED grow light is a real bang for the buck, and it’s suited for any growers who grow on a non-commercial basis.
- 342 LEDs run on only 150W.
- 2.2 grams of productions per watt.
- Saves 50% more energy than typical grow lights.
- Almost a sunlike spectrum.
- Fanless, noise-free design.
- Perfect fit for tents of 2.5×2.5 ft to 3×3 ft size.
- Not a right fit for medium or large-sized tents.
MARS HYDRO TSW 2000W – LED White Growing Lamps
Being a part of the TS series from Mars Hydro, TSW 2000W is meant to be a perfect LED light source for tents that are of lower-mid sizes. To be precise, this 2000W light will suit tents of 3.5×3.5 ft to a maximum size of 4×4 ft. You can grow vegetables indoors with grow lights of such sort, and go for any other kinds of indoor growing as well.
Apart from this standout feature, the other regular specs are just like what you expect from a good quality Mars Hydro TS series grow lamp. The spectrums are wide enough to feed the plants a sunlight-like light. Which results in a maximum 30% boost in the yield.
In fact, the yield per watt would be more than the other two TS series grow lights of the list. Per watt of lights, you’d be achieving 2.5 grams of yield, and that’s more than any grower can ever expect.
- Perfect suit for 3.5×3.5 to 4×4 tents.
- 2.5 grams of yield for each wat of light power.
- Sunlight-like spectrum for natural growth.
- 684LEDs are powered by 300W, quite cost-efficient.
- Powered by SMD technology from Mars Hydro.
- A mismatch for too small and too large tents.
MARS HYDRO TSL 2000W – Full Spectrum for Indoor Plants
To ensure a maximum yield out of your grow tent setup, the full spectrum MARS HYDRO TSL 2000W Led Grow Light comes with the newest SMD LED technology. With a lumen output of 972 umol at max, it would give a 30% boost to whatever grow setup you have. As a direct benefit, you would be able to harvest 2.2 grams of yield for each watt of power drawn.
Worrying about the bills? Well, you don’t have to as long as the Mars Hydro TSL 2000W manages to run 684 LED lights within only 300W of power. With the perfectly aligned LEDs, 90% of the energy is absorbed by the plants anyway.
Lastly, it’s compatible with any tents within 2×4 ft to 3×5 ft ground area.
- Powered by SMD LED technology.
- 30% boost in the yield.
- 2.2 grams of expected yield for each watt.
- Perfect for tents of 2×4 to 3×5 size.
- Fanless, noise-free design.
- Almost close to the sunlight spectrum.
- Not a right suit for mid to high sizes of tents.
The most standout point of this MARS HYDRO SP 150 Led Grow Lights is- its ability to work in an ultra-humid environment. As the LEDs are protected with a waterproof protection, not even a single splash of water or vapor can enter inside. That’s also the reason why growers use to get a 50% more life expectancy from this light.
Just like the TS series, this model of the Mars Hydro SP series is also powered by SMD LED technology by the brand. As a direct benefit, you would be able to achieve a yield level of 2.5 grams per watt, which is incredible!
When it comes to saving energy, this model of LED light is a maestro. It runs 322 LED lights on only 135 watts, which gives a boost of 70% less energy consumption.
The casing works as a heat sink, which lets you drain away the worries of cooling the light externally. Overall, this particular model had been the best release from MARS HYDRO SP series LED lights.
- 322 LEDs, run on only 135W of power input.
- Provides with a 2.5 grams yield for each watt.
- Waterproof and 50% longer lifespan.
- A right fit for 2×2 grow tents.
- The case works as a heat sink.
- Not so efficient heat distribution.
The last pick of the list is MARS HYDRO SP 250 Led Grow Lights, which is another newer release under the banner of Mars Hydro SP series. This model is, however, designed to fit a bit larger grow tents that it’s the previous sibling. There are 684 LEDs, run on 230W. So, the energy consumption would be a bit higher, but so does the yield.
If you suit one piece of this model in a 2×4 ft grow tent, it would provide you with 2.5 grams of yield for each watt. Same goes to 4×4 ft grow tents, but you need to occupy 2 of the MARS HYDRO SP 250 Led Grow Lights for that. Either way, if you think about the importance of grow light in grow yield, you’ll get the most out of this light.
Its terms of energy efficiency, cost, cooling, and noise, it’s almost identical to the other SP series grow lights from the banner of Mars Hydro.
- 684 LEDs, run on 230W of power.
- Suits 2×4 ft to 4×4 ft tents.
- Long lifespan with IP65 waterproof standard.
- Comes with 2.5 grams of yield in a watt.
- Fanless design.
- Above par electricity consumption.
Alright, so that had been the review of the most standout MARS HYDRO TS and SP SERIES Led Grow Lights. Hopefully, you’ve been able to make your shortlist of Mars Hydro grow lights and beyond. Happy growing!