Best Indoor Gardening Tools in 2021
Are you planning to make an indoor garden in your apartment? Then you must check out this very important list of the best indoor gardening tools which you must have. The possibility of having a farm does not end with hating the outdoors or not having a yard you can use. It is possible to find space within your house that you can easily turn green by creating a lovely indoor garden.
An indoor garden can be fun and interesting when you have all of the important indoor gardening tools you need for farming. You can easily carry out any task you require without having them suffer the implication of not doing it due to lack of tools or having to go around borrowing from neighbors who might be unavailable or making use of theirs.
The indoor gardening tools can easily be bought in a local farm store or online store. With the best indoor gardening types of equipment, the risk of losing your plants to the use of the wrong tools reduces significantly, while your chances of having a better harvest or better plants to replant, increase.
Find plant sensors, watering cans, growing tents, and other garden hand tools in our comprehensive indoor gardening tools collection.
1. Hand Fork
- Dimensions: 10" L x 1.5" W x 2.5" H; 0.5 lbs
- Great for breaking up soil and cultivating in smaller areas
- Strong and tough - ideal for aerating clay soil
- Well balanced with comfortable proportions
Hand fork is the best indoor gardening tool or equipment that is useful when growing plants indoors. The major problem with indoor planting is that the plants might not have been able to get nutrients as much as plants in an outdoor garden. The implication is that there will be the need to manually add compost and fertilizer to the indoor plant to give it the needed materials.
The DeWit Forged hand fork aids with breaking up the soil before adding fertilizer to be sure that the soil is fertilized properly. The proper fertilizer will help to ensure that the plant is able to more easily get the nutrients that it requires, and thereby, aid the growth and productiveness of the plant.
- Strength-Boosting Shears – Boost your cutting power with...
- Assistive Clippers - Where other gardening hand tools depend...
- For Stems, Stalks, and Small Branches – Whip out your...
- Designed for the Dirt – Choose corrosion-resistant garden...
- Let's Be Friends – We're here to provide excellent garden...
It is possible that you will not only still remember your kindergarten days, Fiskars scissors, but that you are still fond of them. There are also many tools that you will most likely come across as an adult that is also made by Fiskars, including a very vital indoor gardening tool.
The Pruner is one of the best indoor gardening tools.
It is created so as to make it easier to tackle some indoor garden tasks that are cumbersome. With this very affordable tool, you will be able to cut through light branches and stems.
Pruner offers the user a strong grip during use, and it can also cut through plants that are up to 0.75 inches thick.
3. Hand Rake
- Country of origin: CN
- Model: 05080
- Brand: HAOHIYO
- Item Weight: 7.4 ounces
Hand Rake is also known as a cultivator. At the beginning of gardening, you needed to prepare the soil. At that time you loosen and break up the soil. We don’t know how you did that but this item can help you a lot in this purpose.
Sometimes you need to lose or break up the soil. Use this item for a while and see how easy the work is! It has 5 claws which are bonded together at the base. And the base is connected with a wooden handle.
The combination, steel, and wood make this item well balanced. You can use it easily but you get excellent output.
- Ideal for transplanting small plants and flowers
- Padded, oversized handle provides exceptional grip and...
- Gradation marks on the blade make it easy to measure depth...
- Polished cast-aluminum head with sharpened edge resists rust...
- Lifetime warranty
As a gardener, you should have a transplanter and it helps you a lot while transplantation. This medium size item is perfect for transplanting small size plants and flowers.
The body and head of the transplanter are aluminum coated which is resistant to rust. Its head and edges are very sharp so that you can dig the soil easily. It is marked by demarkation points so that you can easily measure the depth. Benefit?
Transplanter has an extra-large padded handle which provides a comfortable grip. It is also very handy to use because of the oversized and long handles. It also comes with a lifetime warranty and there has no chance of blending or breaking the transplanter.
5. Indoor Watering Can
- Trendy Brushed Shine, Easy-grip Side Handle and Extra-long...
- Quality 18/8 Stainless Steel in Excellent Craftsmanship
- Dimension: L 10.2 inches x W 5 inches x H 6 inches;...
- Clean, Durable, Elegant, Practical, Low-Maintenance and...
- Comes in a Reusable Non-Woven Pouch for Protection in...
One of the major brands you are sure to come across a couple of times as an indoor or outdoor farmer is the StainlessLUX brand. They have created a number of gardening tools, including indoor gardening tools that are very innovative and have the capacity to revolutionize indoor gardening. One of such gardening tools is the indoor watering can.
The practical and very functional watering can make from stainless steel is able to disperse water with the aid of gravity. For water to begin to flow, all that is needed is to simply change the position of the metal cylinder downwards or upwards. The unique watering can is useful for hydrating plants in pots or even keeping your friends entertained during a party.
6. Growing Tent or Growing Box
- Keeps All Light Inside: The VIVOSUN Hydroponic Mylar Grow...
- Stand Sturdy & Extra-thick Materials: The indoor growing...
- Easy Observation & Maintenance: With a visible window made...
- Fast & Simple Assembly: Our grow tents are easy to install...
- Considerate Design & More Options: The plant grow tent...
Another tool every indoor gardener should have is a growing box or the growing tent. It provides them with a platform in which they can keep their plants in their house. The growing tent also helps to improve the yield of tents due to the different levels of functions they produce.
The major difference between a grow tent and a grow box is the fact. The grow tent is made from fabric and more flexible. There are a lot of grow tents that will compete very well with grow box in terms of durability while providing the opportunity to fold them and move them around easier.
The grow tent or grow box is able to help to protect your plants from pests and rodents. They will help you to provide the right amount of lighting for your plants.
7. Label Maker
- AC Adapter or 6 AA Batteries required (not included; Best...
- Compact design with large, easy-type QWERTY keyboard
- Graphical display: View text and layout before printing
- One-touch keys: Easily add frames and other formatting...
- Tape Technology:Thermal Transfer
As a gardener, be it indoors or outdoors, it is very vital for you to be organized. The organization is needed to ensure that you can always find whatever you need at the right time. It is also vital to ensure that you do not mix up items whenever you require a particular item, be it supplies, seed packets, or indoor plants.
For those that enjoy having the highest level of organization as an indoor gardener, you will surely enjoy having a label maker. On the one hand, it is fun to play with the label maker. Furthermore, it is very vital for organizing supplies, seed packets, and indoor plants. You can use tools, flowers, and other garden looking symbols, decorative patterns as well as fonts.
With the features of the label maker, creating labels for your different items is very easy, after which, you can use them to a label. The label created might be the name of a supply, plant, or the date you planted a set of vegetables in the garden. It is a great source of information for the gardener, who can now find things faster and be sure that is the actual item he is looking for.
8. Moisture Sensor Meter or Self-Watering Plant – Tools For Watering Plants
- Easy to Read Levels - Needle - Meter
- NO Batteries Needed!
- Outdoor/Indoor Use
- Color Coded Reading
- Test Plant moisture levels
These gardening tools are sometimes referred to as lazy farmers. The major use of technology is for individuals to be able to get work done in an easier and more efficient manner. Furthermore, individuals who are very busy, but still want to engage in gardening, could be major plant savers.
The moisture sensor meters allow you to know when your plants require water through a needle meter. It is coded with colors and can easily be read. Different colors show the level of water in the soil so that an individual know when to water or not. It also does not require a battery.
The self-watering plant is able to water plants on its own by checking the level of water and concluding. Although It will be a matter if there is a need for the plant to be watered or not. When it senses the need to water the plant, it automatically waters the plant until there is the right level of water in the soil and then stops.
9. Smart Plant Sensor
- 【4 in 1 Flower Care Monitor】This plant monitor will...
- 【4 EC Sensors】This soil test kit has 4 stainless steel...
- 【Light/Temperature/Moisture】This plant monitor has a...
- 【4.1 Bluetooth Connection】Establish a connection to your...
- 【Warranty & Support】Please remove the insulation sheet...
Technology, as well as the advent of smartphones, has been a major stress saver for virtually every profession. Farming as a whole and indoor gardening are not left out. Imagine having an application that can act as your personal assistant in the care of plants. The Wanfei Plant Monitor Soil Test Kit is one of such tools.
The device has sensors that are built in to monitor the lighting, moisture, and temperature of outdoor and indoor plants. There is a feature to connect a web app on your phone where you can read the information. The device looks like a small golf club and will help to pass information about the health and needs of your plant to you.
10. Indoor-Outdoor Elevated Garden Bed
- GROW A GORGEOUS HERB GARDEN | Elevated Outdoor Planter...
- 100% RED CEDAR | Reap a Bountiful Crop Season After Season!...
- COMFORTABLE RAISED DESIGN
- SUPER SIMPLE ASSEMBLY & SETUP | Set Includes Step-by-Step...
- SMART SOLUTION FOR LIMITED SPACE | Grow Rosemary, Mint,...
Jumbl Raised Canadian Cedar Garden Bed allows you to convert any indoor or outdoor space into a miniature garden. The bed kit is just the right size for starting your very own vegetables, flowers, or herbs garden.
Its solid wood design combined with precision manufacture and construction means it can hold lots of plants without any risk of tipping or breaking. The planter box can retain water, preventing vital minerals and nutrients within the soil from leaking out. Can be used as a tray for your garden tools, or act as an additional platform for growing seeds or cuttings.
It measures 18 inches in width, 34 inches in length, and 30 inches in height. It is big enough for you to plant and get a decent-sized harvest, but small enough to not take up too much space.
Related: Best Raised Garden Bed
11. Plant Stand
- 【Customizable & DIY】This set is made up of 4 independent...
- 【Natural Wood】We make use 100% natural wood and...
- 【Carbonized & Durable】The flower stands underwent...
- 【180-day warranty】 We provide a 180-day warranty and...
Bamworld Plant Stand is an excellent design plant stand that can be placed both indoor and outdoor. It is made from high-quality materials and that is why it doesn’t get damaged quickly and hard to break.
It has enough space on every shelf to put various plants. And all the plants will get equal light and air. You can put many plants over the shelf. Really, it is a perfect plant stand for the beautiful decoration of plants.
It comes with an instruction manual. You can easily install the plant stand by following the user manual. You obviously don’t need any extra accessories to set the stand. Bring the plant stand and decorate it smartly.
#1. What tools are needed for indoor plants?
The tools required for outdoor and indoor gardening are a bit different. So if you are looking to set up an indoor garden, check out if you already have the following tools to take good care of your indoor plants:
- Grow lights- Depending on the amount of light your crops may require to thrive well, you need to set up grow lights.
- Hand fork- Boasting 3 or more prongs, the hand fork is useful for aerating the soil to ensure your plants receive the essential nutrients.
- Hand transplanter- The indoor plants generally grow in tight spaces. This hand tool eases your job of moving your plants from one pot to another without the risk of damaging the crops.
- A set of pruners- You will need a set of ultra-sharp pruners to clip the twigs, stems, and other unwanted growth on and around the indoor plants.
- Small Watering Can- The large watering cans used for outdoor plants can jeopardize your daily job. You need a small can with a capacity of around half-gallon for this purpose. Make sure it is light, having a thin and long watering nozzle.
- Mist spray bottle- The indoor plants require higher humidity to grow well. The mister sprayer makes your job a breeze.
- Soil test kit- The soil tester gives you an accurate measure of the pH level of the soil, helps you to determine the required moisture and amount of light required in your grow room.
- Small trowel for pots- The indoor plant containers are too small to handle with a regular trowel for outdoor plants. Look for small trowels specifically designed for handling small tasks with ease.
- Drip trays- Don’t let your floor messed up with water spilling from the containers. Just place your planter pots on drainage trays to collect the extra water. They are easy to remove and clean daily while keeping your floors and carpets clean.
- Stakes and wires- Once your indoor plants start growing, they need proper support. Tie the plants to bamboo/ plastic stakes with wires to keep them growing upright. For small plants, you can even use small bamboo skewers.
#2. How do I build an indoor garden at home?
From herbs to veggies to succulent plants, you can grow several crops indoors. When outdoor gardening seems impossible amid the chilling weather, some crops thrive really well indoors. Follow the DIY steps below to build your indoor garden:
Prepare a Plan
Before you even choose the crops, it is good to get started with a plan. If you have no idea of indoor plants, research a bit to find out what it takes to get started.
- Choose your crops: Find out what crops can thrive well indoors. People mostly grow herbs, flowers, and micro-green veggies (spinach, cabbage, lettuce, watercress, etc.) inside the rooms or near the kitchen window.
- Find a south-facing window: The indoor plants need at least 6 hours of direct sunlight. If you have a large window in the south, it is the ideal place to grow your indoor garden. For those who have a south-east corner available in the house, it’s even better. If this is not possible, you can use grow lights.
Get Indoor Gardening Supplies
Apart from the indoor gardening tools (as mentioned above), you will need a few more items to get started:
- Small shallow pots with holes at the bottom for good drainage
- Potting soil with organic mixes
- Mesh sieve
Start the Plantation Process
Once you are done with the above steps, it’s time to start growing your indoor plants:
- Fill the container with potting soil (up to 2-3inches). Gently press down to eliminate any possible gaps. Flatten the mix to get an even smooth surface.
- Scatter enough seeds on the surface of the potting soil
- For best results with your crops, make sure to cover the seeds with a thin layer of fine soil. Use the mesh sieve to get only fine soil and remove the lumps.
- Place your containers on the drainage tray. Sprinkle some water on the soil but be gentle. Use the mister bottle instead of the water can at this stage.
- Keep your pots near the windows where they can get direct sunlight. If you are using grow lights, keep at least a distance of 4-6 inches from the pots.
- Sprinkle water with the mister every couple of days to keep the soil moist. Never overwater your crops. The seeds cannot germinate in soggy soil. If there is water on the drip tray, remove it immediately.
#3. What are the 20 most common gardening tools?
To make your daily job in the yard a breeze, these are the most effective must-have tools in your garden shed:
- Soil knife
- Hand trowel
- Weed trimmer
- Pruning shears
- Garden scissors
- Sprinkler system or watering hose
- Digging shovel with curved blades
- Digging fork
- Full-length flat shovel
- Garden rakes
- Leaf rakes
- Pruning saw
- Garden hoe
- Puncture-resistant gardening gloves
- Knee pads
- Leaf blower
- Small stool
#4. What kind of plants can grow indoors?
You can grow several herbs, microgreens, and even beautiful flowers indoors. They grow well in small containers and require little care. Following is a list of plants that thrive well in your living room or near the kitchen window:
- Hot peppers
- Leafy salad greens
- Crown of thorns
- Asparagus fern
- Air plant
- Spider plant
- Aloe vera
- Peace Lily
- Phalaenopsis orchid
- Snake plant
- Christmas cactus
So, here I am just telling you some must-have best indoor gardening tools. But other tools may require various types of gardens. There is no limitation about gardening tools if you want to make it more gorgeous and profitable. If you want to know more about any other tools review, just let us know. Share this post and enjoy your gardening.