Best Humidifiers for Grow Room & Grow Tent
Being a proud indoor gardener feels really good, right?
Yeah, but sometimes it takes a hell of an effort to maintain the correct environment all the time – you might say. And we do agree with you completely. Playing the role of mother nature is quite hectic, almost all the time.
As long as the environment of a grow setup is concerned, gardeners are always in search of the best humidifier for grow room and grow tent. Whenever it’s dry, a good humidifier can literally save your day.
To help you out to make the right investment after the right model, we’ve come up with a list of the 10 best humidifiers of the market. We’ve broken them down into details, and that’s something you must be looking around for.
Table of Contents
- 10 Best Humidifier Reviews for Grow Room & Grow Tent
- 1. Honeywell HEV355C: Best Overall Grow Humidifier
- 2. VIVOSUN Cool Mist Humidifier: Best Rated Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
- 3. LEVOIT Cool Mist Humidifier: Best Value Grow Room Humidifier
- 4. ORGTOY 4l Top Fill: Best Humidifier for Medium to Large Room
- 5. Everlasting Comfort: Best Ultrasonic Humidifier for Grow Room
- 6. CTOMOA 4L Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier: Best Cool Moisture Humidifier
- 7. Pure Guardian H965AR Humidifier: Best Rated Humidifier for Grow Tent
- 8. Crane Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier: Best 1 Gallon Humidifier
- 9. Vicks 1.2-Gallon: Best Warm Mist Humidifier For Grow Tent
- 10. Elechomes 4.5L Cool Mist: Most Convenient
- What Does A Humidifier Do?
- Buyer’s Guide For the Best Humidifier For Grow Room And Tent
- When Should I Use A Humidifier For My Plants?
- How To Create Humidity In A Room With A Humidifier?
- FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- #1. How can I detach the water tank for refilling?
- #2. Where to put the humidifier in a grow tent or room?
- #3. How much water can a humidifier mist in a day?
- #4. Where to buy humidifiers for grow tent?
- #5. Are humidifiers accident-prone?
- #6. How do I keep the humidity up in my Grow Tent?
- #7. How much humidity should be in a grow tent?
- #8. Should every room have a humidifier?
- Bottom Line
10 Best Humidifier Reviews for Grow Room & Grow Tent
Got some minutes to check out? Let’s start with a quick glimpse-
Honeywell Germ Free Cool Mist Humidifier
|▪ Capacity :1.1 Gallon ▪ Coverage : 500 sq ft ▪ Weight : 9 pounds||CHECK PRICE|
VIVOSUN Ultrasonic Humidifier
|▪ Capacity : 1.5 Gallon ▪ Coverage : 250 sq ft ▪ Weight : 5.57 pounds||CHECK PRICE|
LEVOIT Cool Mist Humidifier
|▪ Capacity :1 Gallon ▪ Coverage : 258–376 sq ft ▪ Weight : 3.5 pounds||CHECK PRICE|
ORGTOY 4L Top Fill
|▪ Capacity :1 Gallon ▪ Coverage : under 107-321 sq ft ▪ Weight : 3.59 pounds||CHECK PRICE|
Everlasting Comfort Humidifiers for Bedroom
|▪ Capacity :1.58 Gallon ▪ Coverage : 400 sq ft ▪ Weight : 4.5 pounds||CHECK PRICE|
CTOMOA 4L Humidifiers
|▪ Capacity :1 Gallon ▪ Coverage : 107-322 sq ft ▪ Weight : 4.8 pounds||CHECK PRICE|
Pure Guardian H965AR Ultrasonic Humidifier
|▪ Capacity :1 Gallon ▪ Coverage : 100-320 sq ft ▪ Weight : 2.4 pounds||CHECK PRICE|
Crane Drop Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
|▪ Capacity :1 Gallon ▪ Coverage : 500 sq ft ▪ Weight : 4.5 pounds||CHECK PRICE|
Vicks 1.2 Gallon Humidifier
|▪ Capacity :1.2 Gallon ▪ Coverage : 100-400 sq ft ▪ Weight : 4 pounds||CHECK PRICE|
Elechomes 4.L Humidifier w/ Remote
|▪ Capacity :1.19 Gallon ▪ Coverage : 538 sq ft ▪ Weight : 4.6 pounds||CHECK PRICE|
1. Honeywell HEV355C: Best Overall Grow Humidifier
- UV technology to kill 99.99% of the germs.
- The moisture is taken care of with Evaporative Technology.
- Keeps the humidity within the expected range of 40-60%.
- Uses only 60W of energy.
- Reduces static electricity around the area.
- Can cover an area within 500 square feet.
After a week of research, we got to label Honeywell HEV355C as the best overall grow humidifier under any budget. And you might be wondering about the reason behind. Well, here we go with the enlightened discussion on its features and specs.
The sole reason that makes the Honeywell HEV355C better than anyone else is- it’s the ability to deliver pure, germ-free air. We’re not stating that it’s a full formal air purifier. But it has got a UV technology that solely kills 99.99% of the germs in the water. When the water vapors get into the regular room air, that’s what makes it purer.
Do you love your air when it becomes too humid? If the answer is negative, then you might fall for Honeywell HEV355C anyway. Because in this device, there is an evaporative technology that filters the vapor before releasing it. Therefore, the cool mist gets into the air faster than any other form of it.
The ideal humidity level for any grow room or tent is 40-60 percent. And this evaporative humidifier does exactly that to keep your plants healthy. And do that, all it needs is 60W of energy power. So, you don’t have to worry about a sudden spike in the electricity bill of your home.
Moreover, the diverse range of uses of this model is another selling point that we would like to highlight. What we mean is, in case you find the grow room humid enough, you can take that out and use it into your bedroom, living room or so on. It would bring better sleep, and ensure better breathes as well.
One tiny drawback that we’ve seen so far is the small tank size. The water tank sizes only 1 gallon. And that would keep the device going for only 24 hours. But if you want to check it out once in a day, then this should not be any major issue anymore. Fingers crossed!
The verdict from our side? No matter it’s the indoor nursery or grows set up or even the human, the honeywell cool moisture humidifier would make a perfect companion as long as the concern of humidity is taken.
- Promises a pure, breathable air for both human and plants.
- Easy-to-fill and refill the water tank.
- Protects wooden furniture and utensils.
- Deals with sanitized water.
- Kills bacteria, fungus, viruses, and germs.
- Only 1.1 gallon of water tank size.
2. VIVOSUN Cool Mist Humidifier: Best Rated Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
- Auto Shut-off: Shuts off automatically when the water tank...
- Air Ionization / Built-in Filter / Diffuser: Our ultrasonic...
- Timer Function & Auto Shutoff: Equipped with timer function...
- Ultra-quiet + Sleep Mode: Our mini humidifier runs so...
- Enjoy A Healthy Life: Regardless of the season, the VIVOSUN...
- Low energy consumption, 85-90 percent less electricity than a normal stream humidifier.
- Runs for 20 hours without any break.
- 360°degree rotating nozzle ensures an even level of humidity.
- 5 levels from Low, Middle, Middle-High, High, and Turbo for different mist outputs.
- The remote control helps you control over all settings.
- LED display turns off in sleep mode.
As the runner’s up to pick of today’s contest, we’ve decided to name something that’s just perfect for a grow tent or small grow room of up to 250 square feet of area size. Because, most of the non-commercial indoor growers grow inside this size of tents, and VIVOSUN is that one model that they are in search for.
To put flesh on the skeleton of our decision, let’s explain the humidifying capacity in the first place. The electric humidifier has low energy consumption, 85-90 percent less electricity than a normal stream humidifier. And that is quite able to cover up an area of 250 square feet or smaller.
Ensuring a top-notch, uniform distribution of the mist is something where most of the brands struggle with. But this model from VIVOSUN is not one of them. There is a 360°degree rotating nozzle ensures an even level of humidity. With that, you can defocus on the areas of your grow tent where the electrical equipment or lights are located.
Moving forward from the humidification to the usability, we get to have a way to fill a 6-liter want tank. Unlike other models, you don’t have to entirely break the device down to separate the tank. Once it’s done, the assembly of the tank is hassle-free as well. In case you want to clean it anyway, it would take too much of effort.
Now come to the question of the longevity of the device. Well, the lasting period of VIVOSUN is up to 20 hours. So, if you run it for an entire day-night cycle, you have to replace the water in the tank. But when it’s humidifying your little grow room, this maintenance task is worth the investment.
- Remote control included with the humidifier.
- Customized humidity.
- Safe to use with auto turning off.
- Can provide overnight protection.
- Night light as an optional feature.
- Quite beautiful aesthetics.
- A compact footprint takes less space.
- Have to refill the water tank frequently.
3. LEVOIT Cool Mist Humidifier: Best Value Grow Room Humidifier
- YOU DESERVE THE BEST: With an effec range of up to 376 ft²...
- 40-HOUR MIST: Smaller humidifiers require frequent refills....
- CUSTOMIZED MIST: Direct the dual 360-degree rotating nozzle...
- AROMATHERAPY: Add your favorite essential oils to the aroma...
- BEST HUMIDIFIER FOR BABIES: Made with BPA-free materials and...
- An oil diffuser takes the oil essential to aromatize the room.
- 3.8 inches wide, easy to refill the water tank.
- The capacity of the water tank is surprising, 4 liters.
- Safety shut off on an automatic basis.
- Three different mist levels to operate at.
It’s more than possible to find an effective but cheap humidifier in today’s marketplace. Upon deep research on the specs and features, we couldn’t help recognizing the LEVOIT Cool Mist Humidifier as our best rated grow room humidifier. And below is our LEVOIT humidifier review explaining why.
As long as a humidification of a grow room is concerned, the mist output has to be quick and high. This product from Levoit is able to provide 300ml of water-to-mist conversion in an hour. And that is it’s the best capacity. In case you need lower humidification, there are two more options as well.
One standout feature of Classic 200 is its Aromatherapy. In case you want to make use of it in bedrooms or living room, you won’t mind aromatizing the air up, right? So, just put your favorite essential oil to the oil diffuser of it. And whoa! You’ve got a device that provides both aroma and humidity at the same time.
The water tank is, of course, a key feature to look at. And the 4L water tank for this model just ticks the box of any large-scale grower. On regular service, this tank would take up to 40 hours of operation to get it full. So, you have to empty it up after almost one and a half months (almost).
In terms of ease in use and safety in operation, we’d got a couple of good news. Firstly, there is a 3.8 inches tank opening that makes it easy to refill without any spill. Secondly, there is an auto shut off feature that is on the duty of shutting the device whenever there is over humidification.
So, we can come to a verdict that it’s quite safe to use and easy to operate as well. To operate it at its fullest, you don’t need to be an expert grower or so. All you have to do is to make it an imperative part of your grow room setup.
- A filter-free humidifier.
- The compact footprint will eat up less space.
- Easy to refill and set back on track.
- Whisper quiet operation.
- Less risky and spill-proof water tank.
- A good price-quality ratio.
- The oil essence had to be purchased separately.
4. ORGTOY 4l Top Fill: Best Humidifier for Medium to Large Room
- One Fill for Days: The Large water tank capacity tank with...
- Maintains Ideal Humidity: The 4L Top Fill Humidifiers for...
- Ultra-Fine Mist: Equipped with a 2.4MHz ultrasonic atomizer...
- Low Noise Operation: Produces noise as low as 25dB, this...
- Multiple protections : Including low water protection, water...
- 4.0-liter sized water tank for 40 hrs run-time.
- Produces noise level under 25 dB level.
- Is able to cover up to 321 square feet area.
- Comes with auto sensing mist output levels based on humidity percentage.
- Automatic shut off timer up to 1-12 hours.
- Opaque container means less light pollution in the water, less chance for algae growth
A significant selling point of this humidifier is the size of its water tank and run time. As you know, the water tank is quite an essential part of a humidifier. But specifically, it is the size of the water tank that decides for how long you can run the humidifier at a stretch. But with this 4 liter tank and auto-sensing mist levels, you don’t have to think refilling this humidifier for up to 40 hours depending on your setup.
Based on the plants you rare cultivating, you have to set the humidity level and the machine auto sets the mist level for you.
Worrying about the noise output? Of course, you should, as long as household usage of a humidifier is concerned. But the good news is, this model only operates at a noise level of 26 dB, which is quite less disturbing if you think about it.
A number of safety features had been embedded into it, among which the automatic shut-off feature stands out. You can set the timer between 1 to 12 hours of run-time, and it will automatically shut the device off right after.
- A perfect humidifier for medium to large rooms.
- You can choose the right humidity level on demand.
- Safe, easy to operate.
- Whisper-quiet operation.
- Avoids excess humidification.
- Reservoir is completely light proof
- Won’t suit small grow rooms or tents.
5. Everlasting Comfort: Best Ultrasonic Humidifier for Grow Room
- 💨Long Lasting Coverage for Your Home, Office, Nursery, or...
- 🌺Not Your Average Air Humidifier: We included an...
- 🔇Safe to Use, Whisper Quiet: Our large room humidifier is...
- ❌Never Replace a Filter Again: Our bedroom humidifier is...
- ✔️2 Year Replacement Policy: At Everlasting Comfort we...
- Keeps the humidity level over 43%.
- Comes up with a misting rate of 270 ml/hour.
- Can cover a grow room of up to 400 square feet of area.
- Runs for 50 hours at a stretch.
- 360 degrees rotating nozzles.
- Kills germs and bacteria of the water.
For many of the users, noise is something that they literally hate. Specially if it’s the loud, humming noise from a continuously running humidifier, it becomes as irritating as a humming bee by the ears.
For those kinds of people, we’ve picked up the best ultrasonic humidifier that you can use in your grow room. And the name sounds as Everlasting Comfort UltraSonic cool mist humidifier.
Let’s break down the features and the specs below-
At first place, let’s not get confused about the size of the humidifier. Because it has got a 6-liter tank inside its compact body, which is insane! With that much big of a water tank inside, this model can literally serve your indoor garden for up to 50 straight hours. In terms of working hours in a row, this Everlasting Comfort Humidifier is one of the top picks of the current market.
Moving forward from the running hours to the quality of humidifying, we get a few more good news. First of all, it’s the mist output rate, which is 270 ml per hour. With such a high mist output level, you can easily cover up a grow room of up to 400 square feet of ground area.
Sometimes, you would love to hide the smell that generates from the indoor garden. In that case, the essential oil tray can be the savior. Once you put your favorite oil essence on the tray, it will spread fragrance around the entire room. In fact, this can be quite a handy feature if you want to use this humidifier in your room or residence instead.
- Provides longest hours of humidification.
- Comes up with one of the largest tank sizes.
- Keeps the air fresh and safe.
- Keeps the noise level under ultrasonic level.
- Produces white dust as used with tape water or hard water.
6. CTOMOA 4L Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier: Best Cool Moisture Humidifier
- 【Healthy】: The humidifier provides cool mist to relieve...
- 【Auto Shut Down, Whisper Quiet】: Our vaporizer...
- 【Nightlight & Sleep Mode】:Choose to turn on the...
- 【Effective Humidification】: High and low-speed settings...
- 【12-Month Replacement Policy】: We care about your...
- Works for 12-30 hours at a stretch.
- Sports a 4-liter water tank.
- Covers grow room or tent within 107 to 322 sq. ft.
- LED display with RH level.
- A long lifespan of the filter.
- Dust-proof sponge to prevent dust entrance.
- Replaceable filter
For most of us recreational indoor gardeners, our overall grow area is general compact. Grow room, large grow tent, or small grow tent, these “on-the-shelf” humidifies will be more than sufficient.
Still, selecting the right humidifier (based on area of coverage) becomes a tough chore to go with for most growers. The CTOMOA 4L gets our vote for best cool mist humidifier becasue, even though it specifies 107-322 sqft, it has enough adjustability to service smaller areas and go longer between refills.
To support the humidifier to keep misting the grow room, there is a 4-liter water tank inside. An emptied-up water tank can keep the operation going on for 12-30 hours at least. Although this timespan depends largely on the misting level that you are dealing with. But that’s a quite satisfactory duration though.
What about the control? Well, there is a built-in humidistat that displays essential data through the LED display panel. Also, you can watch the current relative humidity (Rh) level and set run timers to help make sure you aren’t over humidifying your grow area.
If you like to have full control on the humidity level, you can choose from the three given options. Also, there will be a dust-proof sponge that will prevent the entrance of dust into the base of the device.
- A perfect humidifier for another level grow rooms.
- Sets the humidity within the right zone.
- Can work for 30 hours at a stretch.
- Maintains a top-notch air quality.
- Can be used on household purpose as well.
- A bit leak-prone while refilling the tank.
7. Pure Guardian H965AR Humidifier: Best Rated Humidifier for Grow Tent
- COOL MIST HUMIDIFIER: The PureGuardian H965 ultrasonic cool...
- SILVER CLEAN PROTECTED TANK: Silver Clean fights the growth...
- AROMATHERAPY TRAY: The aromatherapy tray option helps create...
- ADDITIONAL FEATURES: This table top humidifier has a low...
- PureGuardian: by Guardian Technologies offers a full range...
- Can run up to a time span of 70 hours.
- 3-Speed Mist Control.
- Low water indicator light which lets you know when to refill the tank.
- Easy to clean 1-gallon water tank.
- Ideal for medium and small sized grow tents.
- Cord Length: 5 feet.
Being able to provide ample humidity to your plants is a crucial duty, especially in winter. No matter if you’re growing in an 8×8 grow tent or even a larger one, having a uniform and humification is imperative.
To make sure that you be able to do so, the Pure Guardian H965AR Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier provides a up to 70-hours of run Time on one tank fill. If you take the light cycles and dark cycles of indoor grow tents, that would be just a picture-perfect match anyway.
Based on the humidity work that the device is doing, it can easily cover a grow tent of up to 320 square feet of ground area. When the device is run slower, it can take down the coverage area into 100 square feet.
Now, it’s the most unique and standout feature of this device. And it’s the 360-degree nozzle that rotates around its body. A coverage tactics of this sort will be ensuring a uniform distribution of humidity around the tent. Sometimes, growers come up with a tension of where to place the humidifier or so. With this feature enabled, you don’t have to worry about that at all.
Among other significant features of this model, we got to mention the 1L water tank. Considering the capacity of this model, a 1L water tank can support the continuous operation of up to 24 hours. Also, the water tank is quite easy to clean.
With the favor of the classic knob control, you can adjust the mist output just as you want. In case you want to make use of this mini humidifier in your office, home or bedroom, it would be a good choice over there as well.
Finally, we love that it’s very affordable. If you’re looking for a cheap humidifier that gets the job done, then this may be the right option for you.
- Compact and occupies less space.
- Rotates and humidifies every part of the room.
- Runs for the whole day without a refill.
- Adjustable mist output.
- Perfect for small and medium grow tents.
- A jaw-dropping price point.
- Not a suit for large and even semi-large rooms.
8. Crane Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier: Best 1 Gallon Humidifier
- VARIABLE SPEED SETTINGS: No matter the humidity level you...
- WHISPER QUIET: Crane's drop humidifier runs whisper quiet...
- ONE GALLON TANK: The 1 gallon tank fits under a standard...
- 24 HOUR RUN TIME: The drop humidifier runs up to 24 hours,...
- EASY TO CLEAN: Crane's easy to clean humidifier design...
- Runs on 120V household power only.
- 96% reduction of microbial organs.
- Covers up to 500 square feet area.
- No filtration is required for soft water.
- Safety shut off feature.
When it comes to selecting a humidifier for grow room, 1-gallon water tanks become many of the grower’s primary criteria. Although it is not sufficient to cover up a tent for 30+hours. But considering the ultra-less space that they are going to occupy, it’s quite a win-win situation.
And right now, we have one such model- the Crane Ultrasonic cool mist humidifier. The 1 galling tank is removable and you can fill up this tank quite easily.
Apart from the humidity tasks, it also purifies the water that you put into the tank. The Anti-microbial material reduction technology eats up the molds and bacteria before the water is turned into mist.
As long as you are dealing with regular soft water into this humidifier, no filtration is required. But in case you are leaving in a coastal area, you might get hard water into the humidifier. And that might recall the essence of a filter anyway.
To ensure top-notch safety, there is an auto shut off feature in it. Based on the water level (when it’s low), the auto shut off feature turns off the device. In this way, you get to save some crucial electricity when the device is out of order.
- Small, compact footprint.
- The tank is only 1 gallon-sized.
- A soothing relief for both plants and humans.
- Quite power-efficient.
- Safe and secure.
- The tank is easy to refill.
- The positioning should be taken care off.
9. Vicks 1.2-Gallon: Best Warm Mist Humidifier For Grow Tent
- VICKS FILTER-FREE COOL MIST HUMIDIFIER: This cool mist...
- VICKS HUMIDIFIERS FOR BABIES, KIDS, ADULTS: Humidifiers...
- COUGH AND CONGESTION RELIEF: When you or your kid has a...
- VICKS VAPORIZERS, HUMIDIFIERS AND STEAM INHALERS: Moisture...
- HUMIDIFIERS FOR BEDROOMS, DESKS, TABLES: Our humidifiers and...
- 1.2-gallon water tank capacity.
- Can run for 30 hours straight.
- Takes 95% of the water-borne bacteria out.
- Keeps the temperature ambient.
Mists can be divided into two clear classes- warm mist and cold mists. We have talked about cold mist humidifiers before, as you’ve seen. At this point of the best humidifier for grow tent review, we would like to talk about our favorite pick as the best warm mist humidifier- the Vicks 1.2-Gallon.
At first, let us talk about the purpose of using a warm mist humidifier. In case you are seeking for a humidifier in the winter season, cold mist humidifiers won’t be a right suit. Because they might provide enough humidity to the grow tent, but they will lower the temperature even more down. And in winter, that’s not expected at all.
That’s where the role of Vicks cool mist humidifier comes as a solution. It doesn’t drop the temperature and still provides the space with enough humidity.
Moving forward, the regular features of what we expect from a humidifier are still present in this model pretty finely. It has got a 1.2-gallon water tank, which is perfect for running this device for 30 hours. So, you have to replace the water inside the tank once in a day.
The mist that it produces, is 95% free of bacteria and germs. So, you can say that it won’t reach any kind of safety threats to both your plants or the people nearby.
Talking about the people nearby, in case you decide to make some occasional use of this device out of your grow tent, it will be a great idea. Because it releases cough and congestion. In fact, there are some common problems that take place because of the dry air in winter. This humidifier can, of course, help you out with that.
- Helps the plants to breathe easier.
- Works as a cough and congestion relief as well.
- Provides with enough moisture in winter.
- Works as a companion of both indoor garden and regular use.
- Not a good one to go within summer.
10. Elechomes 4.5L Cool Mist: Most Convenient
- REMOTE CONTROL & LARGE CAPACITY: You are free to control...
- MAKE YOUR LIFE BETTER: Place the ultrasonic humidifier in...
- LARGE LED DIGITAL SCREEN: With a large LED screen, you can...
- CUSTOMIZED TIMERS & CHILD LOCK: Want to schedule the working...
- REPLACEMENT FILTER & AROMATHERAPY: Search for B08NSM3FY4 to...
- Can keep the moisture level within 40-60%.
- 4.5-liter water tank capacity.
- Operates under 38 dB sound level.
- 3 Mist modes to switch between.
- Remote control and digital display
Elechomes 4.5L Cool Mist can be the savior in action. This was a hard one to not call it the best cool moisture humidifier of the market.
This particular model is able to hold the humidity level within 40-60%, which is important for a grow tent environment anyway. In case you want to keep it on the duty of humidifying your bedroom, 40-60% humidity would be good in that case also.
Comparing to the current competitors of this model, the humidification rate is quite above the bar. It can humidify at a variable rate up to 350 ml of water in each hour. And in this manner, it can cover up a room of up to 538 square feet in terms of area size. No matter if it’s your living room or your large grow room, it will be the right fit.
Other regular features of this model contain quiet operation and night mode operation. The sound level that is operated under is only 38 dB, which is slightly higher than the regular 30 dB benchmark of other similar models models but change is nearly unnoticeable.
And the night mode that it works at is great for energy savers as well. All you have to do is to press the touch button for 3 seconds. Afterward, it will automatically enter into the sleep mode.
The last, and our favorite feature of this humidifier is the convenient remote control! You can change the settings and operation from up to 6 meters (20 feet) so you aren’t constantly having to navigate around, through, or under your setup to adjust it.
- A perfect model for both grow tent and large grow rooms.
- Can go on for 38 hours between refils.
- Energy-efficient through night mode.
- Easy to refill.
- A safety feature of auto shut down.
- slightly more audible than other models
What Does A Humidifier Do?
First thing first, humidifiers have the important capacity of increasing the moisture count in any given area by providing the air with water vapor. This can be in the form of either cool mist or hot mist. And the choice between these two types will decide whether a humidifier would increase or decrease the temperature.
Here are what does a humidifier do –
Raise the Humidity
Of course, as the name of these products suggests, humidifiers can humidify a certain area. And to get a visibly significant raise in the humidity (RH), the area has to be confined. Grow rooms, grow tents, bedroom, living room, bathroom, etc are the ideals examples.
Based on the rate of humidifying, you have a certain time-span to raise the level of relative humidity from point A to point B. Once you’ve achieved the right RH, all your humidifier needs to do is keep up to that.
Change The Temperature
We cannot directly state that humidifiers can directly on the temperature in either a positive or negative manner. Because some of them can raise the temperature, where some of them can lower it down.
From that point of view, there are two clear types of humidifiers:
- Cool mist humidifier: Releases mist in a cool form of temperature.
- Hot mist humidifier: Releases vapor in a hot form of temperature.
Buyer’s Guide For the Best Humidifier For Grow Room And Tent
By now, we expect you to make a shortlist of the products that you want to pick up your final one from. But before you make up your mind, we’d urge you to go through the crucial buying considerations below-
The area coverage
First of all, it’s the size of the room that your humidifier is able to cover up. It basically depends on two data- the humidifying rate, and the run-time of the device. Both of these data vary from model to model.
In case you are growing in a tent; you should look for one humidifier that can cover around 100 square feet of area. In the case of larger sized tents or rooms, there are models that can cover up to 600 square feet of the area as well.
The size of the water tank
Every humidifier comes with a water tank, as it’s an imperative part of the mechanism. Now the question is, how much of water it can hold into its tank?
If the size is something as small as 1 gallon, you need to replace the water in it in every 12 to 16 hours. On the other hand, there are some models that can come up with up to 6 liters of water tank size. For those, the water changing frequency is less happening.
The humidity settings
The humidity settings or the misting settings are the amounts of humidification done by the device. If you want to take up faster humidification, there should be high settings such as 300 ml of water in an hour. In the case of smaller rooms, you might go for smaller settings.
Overall, make sure that your device comes up with at least three different misting settings in it.
The safety features
Safety is quite essential as long as an electrical device like a humidifier is taken under the radar of a buyer. What usual models come up with as a safety concern, is the automatic shut off.
Now, this particular feature might be automated, or programmable. If it’s automized, it will detect the humidity level and shut off automatically when it’s humid enough. On the other hand, some of the modules might take a preset time-span and shut off automatically after the time is up. And this is applicable for best dehumidifiers as well.
When Should I Use A Humidifier For My Plants?
If you take indoor gardening as a concern, there are some certain stages of the plants that require a good humidity in the air. To be specific, these are the two stages of plants- Seedling and Germination. Let us explain why-
Why would you need high humidity in germination?
During the germinating age, plant’s root takes place in growth. A very high humidity level is expected to be maintained by them. In case you don’t raise the humidity of the entire environment, you can try using humidity domes.
Expected Humidity Level to Maintain: 60-70% Rh
Why would you need high humidity in vegetation?
Throughout the vegetative stage, the growth of the plant’s body and the leaves take place. So, they would require a good amount of vapor in the air. A partial water consumption is done by the root. But still, the demand for in-air humidification is imperative.
Expected Humidity Level to Maintain: 40-60% Rh
How To Create Humidity In A Room With A Humidifier?
Got the best humidifier reviews for grow room and tent? Well, it’s time to make the best use out of it. In this segment, we would recall the steps of using the right humidifier in the right manner. Let’s go through-
Step 1: Read your grow room humidity
At first, place, make sure you know what the current humidity level of your grow room is. A simple device called the hygrometer can show you the data. There are many devices where a thermometer and hygrometer can be embedded together.
However, take the hygrometer reading as per the Relative Humidity percentage.
Step 2: Set the humidifier into action
Before starting to enjoy the humidification, you need to set the humidifier in the right manner. The setting up includes filling up the water tank and powering the device in.
Step 3: Place it in the right corner
When it’s about humidifying a closed, contoured area, the position of the humidifier is quite important. In most cases, the central area of the grow room is the best use of it. In case your model has a 360-degree swiveling system, it would be even easier to know where to put humidifier in the room.
Step 4: Choose the humidification rate
Most models of the market will give you three options when it comes to choosing the humidifying rate- The low, mid, and high. Based on how fast you want to recover the dryness of the room, choose one of them.
Once done, just wait for a few minutes. Afterward, your favorite humidifier will be in action.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
#1. How can I detach the water tank for refilling?
In the best humidifiers for grow room and tent, the detachment is as simple as plug and play.
#2. Where to put the humidifier in a grow tent or room?
If the humidifier comes with a 360-degree nozzle, you can put it at the center of the grow room or tent.
#3. How much water can a humidifier mist in a day?
Based on the humidifying capacity, models can mist up to 2L of water in a time span of 24 hours.
#4. Where to buy humidifiers for grow tent?
You can purchase both from online and utility stores near to you.
#5. Are humidifiers accident-prone?
If you set the automatic shut off feature right, they are not supposed to create any malfunction in operation.
#6. How do I keep the humidity up in my Grow Tent?
If your grow tent is get parched too often, it is important to raise the humidity to the required level for healthy plant growth. Herein are some easy methods to keep up the humidity in your grow tent:
- Grow big and small together in the same grow tent
- Use a humidifier
- Place a wet towel near the passive air holes
- Use a mist spray bottle
- Place a swamp cooler in your grow tent
- Keep some trays full of water near the air pockets or intake tubing
- Keep the temperature of your heater low
- Install drip watering system inside the grow tent
- Use a battery-powered sprayer
- Install ultra-low volume mist atomizer or foggers
#7. How much humidity should be in a grow tent?
For most crops, you need to maintain the humidity level of around 40%-60% in your grow tent. However, this entirely depends on the type of species you are cultivating. Use a hygrometer to measure the humidity inside your grow room. Herein is a quick checklist of humidity essential for different plants:
- Clones and Seedlings: 70%-75% (at the time of developing root systems)
- Veggies: 50%-70%
- Flowering Plants: 40%-50%
- Harvesting: 45%-50%
Dropping humidity levels to 20% or below can retard the growth or even cause damage to your plants. You may spay water slowly from a mist sprayer bottle to raise the humidity inside the grow tent.
The relative humidity should not exceed 75% or it will largely increase the temperature in the grow tent. Use a dehumidifier in your grow tent if the hygrometer shows a higher count.
#8. Should every room have a humidifier?
No, you do not need a humidifier in every room unless there is a need. Measure the humidity in your room at regular intervals to take note of the average humidity at different points of the day. Low humidity can cause irritation, skin allergies, trigger germs, and virus growth inside the room.
If there are 2-3 rooms, you may carry the humidifier in alternate shifts for use in all rooms. However, if there are 7-8 rooms and you need a humidifier in every part of the house, it is recommended to go for a separate set for each room to avoid the hassles of shuffling the equipment across the premises.
So, that was the list of the best humidifier for grow room and tent. Hopefully, you have picked the right one up and going for the best growing experience ever!